Question

catfreak2009

Thin file...confusing denial of credit
I was recently denied a credit card with the explanation "proportion of account balance(s) to credit limit or high credit on account(s)". Before that it says "credit bureau is missing or unavailable." I have never had a loan, outstanding bill, or credit card. Any time I check my credit, it says "thin file." How can I have any kind of credit if I have no credit?

Most Helpful Response

One other thought, usually department stores are pretty easy source of credit as well.

You need to establish some credit.  Try starting with a secured credit card, or visit your local credit union and ask them for a "credit builder loan".  Best of luck!