Question

DaCodeMonkey

Thin File with a credit card and auot approval?
I'm trying to see my credit report, but it says that i have a thin file, even though I got a credit card through my bank earlier this year. How is that possible? And why is it that I can't see my credit information, yet when I tried getting an auto loan so I could buy a used car a couple years ago, the car place said that I had a good score? How can they see it, but I can't?

Everyone has a file, thin or not.   Thin is something a creditor usually references with little activity and when you have no actual score.   Is the bank actually reporting your credit card activity to the bureau?   Ask them if they report the activity.   Depending on the auto sales place, some quote you "good score' even though they never actually pulled your report.   They will make an assumption based on information you provide, only to increase the interest when the actual information becomes available.  Definately request a copy of your credit report from the bureaus.  You are entitled to one from each every year. 

You can easily see what is showing on your credit reports if you do the smart consumer practice of getting copies of all three credit reports once a year. That topic is covered in the articles on this site (which is here to teach people how credit works and how to build a good score,)  How to build a good credit score and a substantial credit file is also covered.  I read them and now enjoy an excellent score and the low interest rates that allows.