Question

fingerscrossed101

Thin credit score
I have a thin credit score because Iv never had any open lines of credit. But iv been told by another company, who had to check my credit before the purchase of an item, that I had good credit. Iv never been late on a bill and theres always money in my bank account with very few overdrafts. Could this account for my "OK" credit score? Im looking to rent a house so im wondering if this holds true before i go through with the credit check..

Not being late on bills such as utilities and what not and having money in the bank does NOTHING to build credit scores. This company that told you that you have good credit, sounds shady if you actually do not have credit. You need to have lines of credit to build a credit score and those lines of credit MUST be reported to the credit bureaus by the lenders. Get yourself a couple of credit cards even if they have to be secured cards and start building.