Question

Addison170

There's a new Credit Bureau in town!
Most of us know about the three credit bureaus - Equifax, Experian and TransUnion. But did you know there is another one? Innovis. Some of the larger companies are reporting to this bureau, but so far they are not part of the Tri-Merge credit report that most lenders use, and they are not part of your FICO score. However, it's always good to check all your credit reports and Innovis, just like the other 3, will give you a free copy once a year. Visit www.innovis.com to order your online report from them. Be sure to do any disputes in writing - never ever do online disputes, you give up many important rights by doing so.

New Credit Bureau

Addison170,

Thank you for the new information...going to submit my request for this new bureau to see how my scores compare to other reports. Also, just wanted to tell you that I greatly appreciate your responses to inquiries here on Credit Karma.  As much as I thought I knew about credit & how it is formulated, I have learned TONS since signing on here last October, especially from your expertise.  Credit Karma is great in my opinion, but input such as yours only enhances the site.  Thanks again!

Addison170

TY, I really appreciate that and I'm glad I'm able to be of service.

addison170

hello addison you seem to help a lot of people here on CK. Im in the middle of disputing 6 medical bills that total $17,000 from a weeks long stay in the hospital. these bills were suppose to be billed to my insurance and were not. i went almost a year and had not heard anything so i assumed everything was taken care of and obviously billed to my insurance. then one day out of the blue i get a bill in the mail from a collections agency for the largest bill of $12,247. I was floored! so i starting reading about stuff online i ended up signing up for credit karma and was even more surprised that all 6 medical bills were sent to collections and 3 of the 6 were a collections agency i never heard of nor ever received any bill from them ever. so anyways i did months of reading and had a consultation with a law firm, which after i felt i was i knew enough to dispute it my self. i wrote a proper cover letter and provided everything i was told bvy transunion i would need which was proof of insurance and all that. so  sent my documents in the mail and ended up spending 3 weeks on the phone with people that barely spoke english, not trying to be rude just made it so difficult to get anything done. they basically told me they have not received any documents at all, so i sent them again priority mail and so far they still "have not" received them although i just sent it 08-08-2014. so then finally i heard im not speaking to any one in the united states and asked to be transfered to someone in the US. so i was transfere to some rude lady who was in fact in the us. she basically said its up to the collection agency whom ive spoke to and its been to long now for them to possibly bill the insurance. so they informed me its up to the transunion. so i called the credit bureau back spoke to a lady who was a bit nicer, but basically was told we are not  just going to automatically take the items off, which i never asked i just wanted the proper investigation to be conducted in the 30 days by law. they still insist the collection company has to be involved even though i was told they can not do anything at this point, and we all know if a collection company can get their money they will do so! so basically iam kind of lost right now cause one lady from transunion did tell me they can remove the items once they look into but yet i was told by the rude lady i spoke they WILL NOT except my documents which made no sense then back tracked and said they would but would not just remove them automatically which i knew wouldnt happen. its a very complex situation and i can not afford a firm to take it on for me. so basically i need to know if transunion can remove something on their own specially when the collection agency said there is nothing they can do at all. ive been told so many different things by people from transunion and have posted on here about this before with no feedback at all. i totally understand if your not sure about this im just dying for any advice i can get, i mean im pretty sure it can be removed with the documents ive provided the bureaus just do not like to remove stuff its crazy ive been treated so poorly by them its not funny and iam not one to back down and do not plan on it thanks:)