Question

Schismat

There's a debt on my report but the collections agency listed has no record of me.
My creditkarma report shows a very large ($15k) debt in collections with CBE group. I can't pull up any other information. I called the CBE and they have absolutely no record of me. I've already done my free annual credit report so I can't do that for a few more weeks. I'd like to get on top of this now. Where can I go for more information on this?

Most Helpful Response

If CBE has no information about you creating this debt; then dispute it to the credit bureaus that you think this debt is not yours. Ask them to check the validity of the debt. If they can't prove you owe this amount then they must remove it from your credit. This is legal. They have 30 days to do so From the date you send the dispute letter....

Enhanced Recovery Collections/$184

I contacted The Collection Agency and they have no record of me or this debt.  I have never received a notice or any kind of billing referring to this past due amount.  What can I do?