Question

alexinchinatown

There is a loan on my account that I never made
Transunion showed that I have a personal loan from "INTL ORG MG" that was opened since 1990 and I just had a late payment for it.

I know for sure that's an error because I was 7 years old in 1990.

And I have never seen it before.

What do I do?

Most Helpful Response

You start by going to annualcreditreport.com and getting copies of all three credit reports.  Make it a habit to do this once a year, every year.  Look these reports over very carefully and file disputes in writing on all wrong information you find with the credit bureau reporting it.  Yes, you can do disputes onlline but it is far better to have copies of all legal communications in writing "just in case."

Errors are not uncommon, so it is up to the individual to check their credit reports to make sure only the correct information is getting reported.