Question

brandnewby

There is a Horizon credit card that should have been remove 7years ago
When I received the Horizon card and learned it was a merchants card I never used it. It has been on my record for at least 14 or 15 years. There are other items that should be removed from my credit record. I hate to have a bill of $100.00 a month to have A Law firm to clear my record. Thanks for your help and God Bless You

Mary

Horizon

First let me start by saying, do not "despute" any of them.  To answer your question; Typically you want to have about 2-4 revolving accounts.  If you have less than 4 you might as well leave it.  If it's open and active its helping to improve your credit scores.  That's right!  Despite the common misconception that you need to, "Put a tank of gas on it and then pay it off" the truth is you don't.  If you close the account your scores may drop slightly.  However, if you have 10 credit cards close 6-7 and take the short term hit.  

Without knowing what the, "Other" items are I dont have much advice.  If they're collections, pay them and keep the proof.  If they are other cards see above.  If its old derogatory items that have been paid and are no longer reporting you should do nothing.  It is no longer affecting your credit.  Keep your proof and provide it to any lender or creditor who needs it.  Keep in mind, when you pay off inactive derogatory credit your scores will go down slightly.  Bite the bullet and get it paid or it will cause a problem for you down the road.