Question

ChristopherS1973

There are collections in my name,and I don't know what they are,how can I find out what they are?
My Facebook, E-mail, and phone was hacked and my laptop was stolen. I think My identity has been put in jepordy,.but not sure? How can I find out if there are car loans,credit cards,home loans ect,in my name that I am unaware of?

Most Helpful Response

Order a free credit report from https://www.annualcreditreport.com

This report is complete with phone number for each creditor.

jwsister

If the items on the credit report are not yours, file a dispute with the credit bureau reporting same.  They then have to investigate and either verify or delete the item.

The credit bureau phone numbers  may be listed, too, so you may be able to ask someone about putting a fraud alert on your credit reports.  It may cost a small amount of money and it might be a bit of hassle since every time someone (even you) tries to open an account, YOU have to be notified and okay it.

If you social security number was on anything in your laptop, notify the Social Security Administration as soon as possible.  Do this before even calling the credit bureaus.

Hope your security was not compromised.