Question

MikeyCheg

There are 2 names on my report and only one is mine! How do I look into this??
There are two names on my report...one is mine and the other is similar to mine but it's not how I spell my name. What can I do?

Mixed file

Hey Mike,

Having two names (or two addresses or similar) is what is referred to as a "Mixed file" and unfortunately occurs in about 10% of all credit files (a reflection of our messed up credit reporting system).  

You can write to each of the bureaus explaining that this information is inaccurate and needs to be removed.  Normally I discourage online disputes as you waive a number of your rights in the process but for something as simple as a name removal, it would be ok to contact each othe the bureaus online.