Question

bllzrd33

The Vantage Credit Score 3.0 model bumped my fiance's score up 84 points in one week?
I have been trying to build up my fiance's credit for 2 years now by paying off debt, opening lines of credit etc. with the goal in mind of purchasing our first house. I finally got her up to 626 where it has sat for 4 months now, and I read 620 was the minimum for FHA etc but I have been playing the waiting game hoping it goes up to 640-650 before we apply for a preapproval...now today I login to check her score and it is up to 710??? since last weeks check up. So my question is what is the deal with this new vantage 3.0 score, is it legitimate and if so what mortgage lenders recognize it over FICO when approving mortgages? Because if it is legit and 6 of 10 banks use it then my waiting game is over and I can start the home buying process, but an 84 point increase in one week has me skeptical..

The Score has not gone up 84 points.   The Credit Score you see new is the "VantageScore 3.0"  this is different then the "New Account Score" that you saw the last time you logged on.

If you want to see both scores for the past 8 months go to the following.

Select -> My Finances  --> Credit Scores

on the right hand side select  --> Score from TransUnion

Look for the "See the Archive" under then under the Credit Rating and select it.

Now you will see the Older "New Account Score" along with the "VantageScore 3.0"

These are two different Credit Score Models.

Credit Karma does not Supply any FICO Score,  they never have.

If you want to see where you and your fiance are at with your credit score it is best to go see your lender and have them check.   The scores here now or in the past are not the ones they would be using.   Or from any Website here on the Internet.

These Credit Scores are a GUIDE to help you build your credit.