Question

afrikanblak

The Update Button has Vanished.
The update button seems to have disappeared. Did that get discontinued? Can someone point me to it if it is still here.

thanks

Most Helpful Response

I'm dissapointed that they took the button away, I liked being able to update my info without depending on Credit Karma to do it for me

Under the new CK Beta, your credit score automatically updates every week automatically when you login. If you go to Credit Score Center to the right of your credit score it will tell you when it was last updated and under that will say when the next update will be ran. Credit scores rarely change day to day so there was no reason for a daily update.

zamarrda

you are not the judge of when someone needs your credit score...they chnage daily and when i was buying a car in november i used credit karma every day to determine the right day....sometimes it fluctuates by 20 points or more so it can mean the difference between 1-5% which is huge

vincentdan

yeah but for us simple people we liked the button lmao

I agree

I have 30 accounts between credit cards, car payments,

mortgate and student loan...they all likely report on different days...thus making it VERY

possible that a change could take place daily. I too don't like the missing button so this is not my primary credit monitoring too.

LYING CEO--UPDATE BUTTON NOT RETURNING

I LOVE THE ANSWER THE CEO GAVE AS TO WHY IT DISAPPEARED---LIAR!!!!!!!!!!  DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR INFO!!!!!!

I am sure they will delete this from the string but the fact is they never intended on bringing back the update button.  They should have been honest in the first place.  

Sorry but a company that clearly has its CEO lying as to why its gone certainly is not going to get all my personal information to manage my accounts!

Here is the response I just received from Credit Karma themselves and if you know anything about credit you know the below is a seriously line of "you know what".

The update button will not be returning. Creditors send updates to the credit bureaus once a month, so credit scores typically do not change daily. We decided to make the Credit Karma experience more seamless by automatically updating your credit information for you weekly when you log into your account.If you receive a credit monitoring alert about something important changing in your TransUnion credit report, your score will be automatically updated the next time you log into Credit Karma.All of this makes our score updates more intelligent and keeps you focused on only important changes to your credit.Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thexyfactor

Yes the CEO of credit Karma is lying for I agree with the other customer comments for if this response to the previous customer is correct then credit kaema is lying because I had found recently a horrible mistake on my credit report that was put there from a collection agency that had put it on all three credit reporting agencies an open collections account that did not even belong to me and when I found out about it it took me two weeks to get the reporting collection agency to remove it from their records and two months to get it removed from the three reporting credit bureaus being Equifax and Experian and Transunion had been all notified by the collection agency to remove this extremely negative collection account from their records that did not belong to me in the first place and the only one that I had to fight with to get it removed due to their incompetence was by coincidence the same credit reporting agency that credit Karma uses and that is Transunion but according to what the CEO of credit karma stated is that any important changes to one's credit will be updated immediately and sense I have already confirmed that Transunion has removed this very negative report and the only negative report from my credit history two days ago credit karma has not updated my credit score reflecting this change and now no longer has an update button that will allow me to do it so do not believe what they say about updating your score if anything major changes because there is nothing more major than having an open negative collection account being removed.

MercedesJay

I'm sorry, but LITERALLY EVERY word in that response made complete sense to me. It is true that they report monthly. The only time that isn't true is if something erraneous happens. For example, someone knows theyre going to be late on a payment, so they call and setup a promise to pay and pay part of that amount on the day they call it in. The due date then hits and they mark it as paid as agreed because you promised to pay the rest at a later date. Then that later date becomes present date and you still don't have the money. Well they may then update that report to reflect a now late payment.  \

In any which case, given that one example... as the response says "If you receive a credit monitoring alert about something important changing in your TransUnion credit report, your score will be automatically updated the next time you log into Credit Karma" 

Not the next day, not the next week, not the next month and not the next hour. Literally the next time you log in. You're going off on some crazy rage and making no sense at all.

LYING CEO--UPDATE BUTTON NOT RETURNING