Question

20kiki02

The recommended auto re-financing options thru Credit Karma, are they legit and safe?
I am very hesitant of using any credit application online. I worry about id theft of my accounts that I have worked very hard to clean up and re-establish. However, the opportunity to save money on my car note and pay it off sooner is tempting.

Most Helpful Response

I tend to be leary of on-line creditors

I have found that they often have hidden fees for early pay off etc. and you don't get to see the contract in advance. Also they have often say that they are offering a certain low rate, but once you qualify they tell you that score wasn't high enough to qualify for the Advertised rate then give you a higher rate.  (bate and switch? )

I preffer to use my own bank or credit union.  You should be able to qualify with them if you could qualify on line. Face to face you can ask questions, look overt contracts and be confident about what you are getting. 

Always do your homework first. Look up a company's history of business practice to find out if you would support them or not. People that had bad experiences usually will write a bad review or you can check with the BBB to find out if there are any complaints with the company.. Also if you are worried about security, you can always find a listed phone number to call and speak with someone live. Good luck my friend.