Question

Jollymonjl

The only thing that is currently holding my scores down, is insufficient credit. What should I do?
My score is 593 and I cannot seem to acquire enough credit to raise it. My on unsecured VISA is carrying too much and I'm 1% above my ideal debt ratio.

If you're carring a balance

Every month, that could do it.  If your card does not show being paid off completely and at 0 every once in a while it may appear as if you never pay more than the minimum.  Even if you pay it off every month, the system only sees the reported balance. 

I would suggest that you pay off the card and not use it for a month or 2, let it report a 0 balance 3 or 4 times a year.  That should boost your score a bit.  Then when your balance is 0 and your score is up apply for some new credit.