Question

jamnjoel

The last time I checked my credit with you, your advice to raise my credit 10 pts. was get new card
I took advise and got new credit card with $8,800 limit, now my score went down 10 pts. from where it was before. Why the hell did I listen to this web site.

10 pts seems a lot from one new credit card application but try not to worry. Anytime you apply for new account it usually results in a hard pull on your credit. The drop in points only lasts several weeks (couple of months) and then rebounds and sometimes brings you higher than before granted you stay in good standing and nothing else changes with you credit snapshot.