Question

Elveina

The hospital sent my name to credit report falsely .How do I clear my name?
My Daughter is 23 years old she doesn't pay for her Hospital bills
The hospital sent my name to collection instead of her
Now it's on my credit report. What do I do to clear my name?
I don't think I should be responsible for my adult child's bills
Please help me?

You can dispute on the CRA's website

You can file a dispute with the Credit Reporting Agency.  No need for long explinations.  A simple letter stating that this not your account and you want it removed from your account is enough for them to contest the debt.  If the collection agency can not prove that you are responsible they have to remove the account.  

Hospitals are notorious for going after next of kin for debts.  You were most likely listed as a contact on her paper work.  This is a tactic they use to get you to get on your daughter to pay her bills. 

Good Luck