Question

MzCLJ

The date of last activity/ last reported changed although I haven't spoken to the collection agency.
The date of the last activity/ last reported has changed from May 2012 to Sept. 2016 (after 4 years of no activity/update on credit report). I haven't spoken nor made a payment to the collection agency to report activity on my account. Does this date affects my credit fall off date, SOL, or etc? My Open date is still the same Mar. 2012.

Most Helpful Response

The removal date for collection account goes by 7 1/2 years from Date Of First Delinquency, it dose not go by any other date, not go by when it's opened, not go by when the collection agency update/report it and that date (DOFD) do NOT change regardless, unless you are in State of New York, the paid collections supposedly only  last 5 years (have to get that in). The "SOL" generally refers to the length of time creditors can sued you for that debt, and not the length time it can be on your credit report. 

JohnnyRain127

Oooops I missed the period between fall off date and SOL... Its still a no, it makes no differences to fall off date. The SOL could change if you have made payments or enters an repayment agreement then you stop paying it, that can be seen as brand new contract, but nothing changes the reportable/fall off date.

MzCLJ

thank you