Question

kdm7091

the credit one account I am an authorized user. It is my moms. Should i have her take me off?
I don't have any other major credit cards. but I am thinking of getting one and getting off my Moms card since her balance is more than the 30% of the limit. should I apply for the credit card before she takes me off? and.. does the high balance affect my credit?

Authorized user

If you have no other credit history you may want to keep on her account, but only if she pays on time each month. You may want to apply for a house (charge) card form a retailer and use it  responsibly to start building your own file. You can also apply for a secured card to strengthen your file. If you are able to use some of these and her utilization is over 49% of the limit you may to be removed then.