Question

JOBOEM

The bill for Sears that shows delinquency was being sent to the wrong address .
I paid the delinquent bill and spoke with Sears,(their billing error) and this occurred years ago through no fault of my own, and I would like this taken off my credit rating...how do I do that?

Most Helpful Response

Quickest way is to contact Sears and tell them to stop reporting the late payment.  You can also dispute it with the 3 credit bureaus at the same time.  You can do that online, on phone or in writing.  It may take 30-60 days for changes to show up.  Be persistent and best of luck!

JOBOEM

1. Thank you for the advice...I will try it