Question

ddaug4uf

Testimonial; 100 points in 13 months
I joined Credit Karma a little over a year ago in October and my credit score was 510 with 14 derogatory remarks and my only accounts were one charged off car loan and one open car loan.

I added 2 secured cards with low limits ($300 each) and a second car loan (out of necessity moreso than an attempt to improve score) and I have spent the last year working on paying off and getting derogatory remarks removed.

As of the latest CK update, my score was 611 and I was approved for an unsecured card from Capitol One. Both of these mark significant milestones for my personal credit journey and wouldn't have been possible without the assistance of the Credit Karma staff and contributors.

So, thank you to everyone who takes the time to impart you own personal history and knowledge. I still have a lot of work to do but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and hopefully someone else who is in the situation I was in last year at this time will read this and commit to improving their own situation.

Thanks again,
Dan
Score: 611
Open Accounts: 6
Credit Utilization: 5%
Payment History: 100% (48 payments)
Hard Inquiries: 5
Derogatory Remarks: 5

Wow, Dan, that's quite the accomplishment! Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your story with our members.