Question

sanaamahogany

Temporary credit increase
If i am offered a temp credit increase that I must use in order to make the increase permanent,
will this hurt or help my credit score. If I do not use the increase the company will take it back showing a decrease in available credit on my report. Which is the lesser of two evils, use the
credit and have a high utilization percentage vs. don't use show lower credit available.

Most cc companies will give you a line increase after you have showed them good payment history. The increase would have a positive impact on your credit, however, if you max out the available credit, then you score will suffer because you have used too much of your available credit. So don't just use it because they give it too you if you are trying to establish some control and good behavior with your finances. Good luck my friend...