Question

virgo46

taxgarnesmentcantheybestopped
Can tax garnishment be stopped on student loan balance if payments arrangements have been made or what's the best option on student loan balance

Contact your loan servicer.

jwsister

And the fact is, the loans absolutely have to be repaid.  The tax garnishment is due to loans being in default.  Do contact your servicer about the payment arrangements.

I defaulted on my student loans a while back. Uncle sam took my income tax return one year because of the defaulted loans. I called my loan provider and they placed me on a rehab program. I made 10 small monthly payment, after the 10th payment my accounts were up to date. good luck.