Question

Posted in Taxes

leavera

Tax Liens i had nothing to do with
There are 3 tax liens under my name from 2008. I had nothing to do with them, nor do I really know what a lien is. My parent said it has something to do with them putting the house in my name or something to that effect.I was freshly out of high school at that time, and my parent says the issue is handled, but yet it still lingers on my report. How am I supposed to get it off? This wasnt my issue and it almost cost me a clearance.

Consider a dispute.

Were you at least 18 when this was done?  If not, the basis for your dispute (besides the fact that you did not know this was done) would be the fact that you were a minor, and therefore, not legally able to have such a document filed in your name. 

Even if you were "of age" the fact that this was done without your consent or knowledge is reason to get it removed.

You said this almost cost you a clearance?  If you are in the military, consult with legal on this if it is not removed, though you may want to do so anyways to make sure things go smoothly.