Question

Posted in Retirement

Zorror

Tax error on my state taxes.
You filed my indiana state taxes and there is an error.

my taxes had errors too

My federal taxes had errors too.  An entire form was left blank which has delayed my return another 8 weeks.  I completed the form myself.  I will never use Credit Karma to file taxes again.  I should have known better.

blmopus

The federal seems good for me.  However, Indiana Tax Return will only work if you are a renter.  In the section marked "Property Taxes" it asks for "Rental" information.  There is no place to actually enter Property Tax Information.  If you contribute to a 529, they do not handle that either.

I'd stay away from the State Returns on this site.

Florida has no state tax

Repeated error when trying to finish the taxes:

• Form 1099 Misc #1 cannot have state withholdings that are greater than or equal to the sum of the income.
  • Form 1099 Misc #2 cannot have state withholdings that are greater than or equal to the sum of the income.

What now?? Can't finish.

mamawas