Question

RayPOLA

Taking your name off a joint credit card and it's effect on your credit?
My Mom put me on a joint credit card account with her in case of an emergency. I haven't used it in 4 years but she does. The credit is almost at it's limit and is effecting my score. It is paid on time every month but we were wondering if it would hurt my credit more to take my name off or to keep it on with a high balance that gets paid.

Easy fix.  You call the credit card company and tell them to take you off the account.  You're probably down as an "authorized user".  Best of luck!