Question

Creditstressed

Take me to 850 please......
How do I or what do I need to do to get out of the high 600's into the 800's??? I am paying my bills and credit cards on time but a couple of my creditors closed or extremely decreased ($3,000 to $500 credit limit)..the other closed just as soon as I paid them off IN FULL.... what is my next step...... HELP......

Most Helpful Response

Variety of credit lines

To get the best scores you need a variety of open credit lines.  Revolving (credit cards) Auto and personal loans, and a mortgage. 

Now I don't condone opening lines of credit just to improve your score, but a good rule of thumb is that you want about 1 years salary worth of open credit lines (not including a mortgage) and debt of less than 1 months salary.  With an excellent paymant history you should score over 750.  That would get you in the Excellent Credit range.

How about reading the articles on this site and learning all about credit, how to build a good credit score and how to maintain that score.  That is the full purpose of this site since too many people are not taught these essential skills.  That is the full purpose of Credit Karma.

Building that sdcore may take time and patience, but it will pay off with increasing scores over time.