Question

rgkjr1

SYNCB/JC PENNEYS keeps reporting to my TransUnion credit report
My JCPenney account was closed 05/01/2009, OVER 8 YEARS AGO! Yet Synchrony Bank keeps "reporting" on my credit report, the last being 03/09/2017! Any record of this account should have been removed 7 years after being closed. Why can they keep making these reports (that contain no information since there is no account)? For how long can they do this? I have tried to contact the bank with no success. Should I contact an attorney?

Is the account a negative account? Bad info on it or what? If it was closed in good standing, then it is helping your credit and will remain for ten years or longer. Why they keep updating it, I do not know, must be a glitch on their end. If you want further advice, state what kind of account it is, bad or good and why you feel it is bad or good.