Question

nikkigirl71

Suggestions on disputing the negligence of a bank after signing up with electronic billing.
I previously signed up for electronic billing with my Pier One credit card. I had the card for several months and was never late with a payment and almost always paid off the balance in full after each use. After signing up for electronic billing, I never received a bill via email or in the mail. Two months later the bank notified me, I was two months late. I stated I did not receive a bill since signing up with electronic billing. I agreed to pay the remaining balance of $600, minus the additional finances and two late fees due to their negligence. They have refused to accept their negligence and continue to bill me for the finance charges and late fees. I have written countless letters to FDIC, FTC and to the bank, to no avail. Prior to this, my credit score was approximately 725-750 (something I worked hard to obtain). It is now 695. I am not sure what else to do. Any suggestions?

The email may have gone into your junk folder, and deleted, depending how your email is set up. Most credit card websites have alerts you can set up to email and/or text you.  You knew you'd been paying on this card, and it's up to you to be pro active.   Just because you may not have received a bill, doesn't mean it's not due. Even a paper bill could have been delivered to someone else or gotten lost in the mail somewhere. 

You're on the hook for this since you've tried everything else. The only other way you might try is to try disputing it with one of the credit bureaus. There's an option called direct dispute on this website.