Question

snsgeek0916

Suggestion for Macy's Card and Amex Blue Cash EveryDay Card .
Hello People I have a FICO score of 692 TU - 680 Equifax - 696 . I have 4 credit cards Discover It - $ 2000 Bofa Cash Rewards - $ 1500 Chase Freedom - $ 3500 and Banana Republic Card - $ 2000 . I had been turned down for Macy's Credit Card 2 years ago in June 2014 but it no longer appears on my credit report. Do I have the credit score to get the Macy's Credit Card and Amex Blue Cash EveryDay Card to get approved. I have applied for 2 credit cards in the past 3 months and had them both approved (Chase and Banana Republic) . I have had Discover It and Bofa Cash Rewards for about 14 months . What would you suggest ? Any inputs are greatly appreciated.

Most Helpful Response

Two years ago when you were turned down, Macys provided you items which caused them concern.   Have you taken care of those items over the past two years.   From my research, Macy's will start consideration at about 615 and will work with someone 2 years out of bankruptcy.   You did not indicate what negatives were on your account (late payments) or what your Utilizition was.   Amex starts their consideration at about 670 and does not like negatives on your account.   They also like low utilization.   I would wait an additional 3 months from your past credit request, allowing 6 months to have rolled by and then apply for only one of your two desired cards.   If they decline, work on the items they bring to your attention.   Neither of the two cards are sticklers for a long history so that should not be a concern for your current credit age.

snsgeek0916

Fairdos . Thanks a lot for the reply . 2 years ago I didn't have a single credit card and zero credit history. I do not remember per se what was mentioned because I didn't give it much of a thought then.  It no longer appears in the list of cards I have applied as it's been 2 years since I applied for it . Thanks for those points I shall surely look into it. The negatives so far have been credit utilization. I have no auto loans or bankruptcies or collections reported. I pay my bills on time and hence the only negative is the credit utilization which is greater than 40 % .