Question

jtricer1973

Sued by CAC. Advice please!!??
Received a letter from a local Little Rock law firm the other day on behalf of C. A. C about a car that I had co-signed on back in 2010 that was later turned back in. The letter states that they have a judgement against me dated June 9, 2014. It further states that they are going to garnish my wages for a total of 13,356 dollars at 25% my net pay per month!
Ok, my first question is if they have a judgement against me from June 2014, why am I just now hearing about it?
My second question is aren't judgments usually on your credit report? CAC is on there but it just shows to be in collections and there is no public record of any judgment shown.
My 3rd question is about what they say I owe. I cannot remember the amount exactly but it doesn't look like they have deducted whatever they got for the car after getting it back. Don't they have to deduct whatever they received for it and how would I verify this?
And last, who do I contact? The law firm? CAC? Neither?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

This sounds like one of the tactics used by scumbag collection agencies in an attempt to collect a debt that may no longer be collectable.  I'm guessing there is no notification of the date the suit is supposedly to take place, nor the location.  Time to write them a letter and enclose a photocopy of their letter.  Your letter will say something like" In regards your letter of (date), a copy has been enclosed, I find inadequate proof of your authorization to collect this debt and was not properly served the judgement notice, which should include the date,time and place of this proposed action.  You will send me proper validation of this debt within 20 days of receipt of this letter. 

Send this letter via certified,return receipt requested mail, hang on to the little green card after it is returned and wait the 20 days.  Most likely you will hear nothing because most collection agencies do not have the proper information to validate a debt. Also, this debt may be uncollectable due to expiration of the Statute of Limitations on collections which varies by state.  If you have any proof of when the vehicle was repossessed, that may be the starting point for determining when the SOL began.  Usually they have those cars sold within a few months.

Hope this helps.