Question

Torwal83

Sudden drop from Excellent to Fair in one update with no change in report why?
I worked very hard to earn a EXCELLENT score over many years and good credit to have my score rating drop in one update -90 on Experian and -78 on Transunion with absolutely no change on my report....what in the world happened overnight to cause this sudden change and no reason? I am really upset because I value my credit score highly and I went from EXCELLENT to FAIR overnight!

There was a change to your report. That is the only way it went down, but unfurtunatly I can not see your report to help you.  My guess is that an old loan dropped off the Vantage3 scoring system. Maybe a car loan you paid off many years ago, or a mortage that was closed many years ago. This would effect the types of credit and change your score without any current changes to your situation.

Torwal83

Enter Your Reply Nothing has changed or dropped off. I have done this for many years and this has not happpened but only one time in my history when my hubby made a late payment and he was in big trouble with my because my score dropped and it was due to a card that was in both of our names a long time ago and that has long since been taken care of and have been going up ever since in my credit and my credit was in the upper 700's then to drop -90 points something is wrong with that and I have checked payments ,historys, and credit utilization has went down paying off debit so utilization is 23% so it is not that. I do not understand this and it happned like over night from one update to the next ....that big of a drop. I have used Credit Karma for a long time so I know how to check things and watch and nothing has happened in the last 30 days

Dalekas

Do you noticed when the score go down it is down 50 -100 pts. and when it up it by 4 to 23 pts... why?

Has your utilization jumped up? Any large purchases recently? Either one of thocee changed or something dropped off your report changing your profile.

Torwal83

Utilization has went down in fact it is 23% which is EXCELLENT and all my other ratings from payments to age and history or credit is EXCELLENT. I went from a high 760's to -90 pts in one update to FAIR 660's....cannot understand this

look for old outdated info on your credit file.....

Watch for just a few points up.