Question

abhi009

Sudden 30 pt drop in credit score
My credit score has dropped 30 points since last month. The status of the borrowings has not changed since last month, except for a credit inquiry. But the score has changed by 30 points! Why should this happen? Is there something fishy going on that I need to be concerned about?

Most Helpful Response

Do you have many more credit inquiries aside from this one? A single inquiry will just scratch your score, but many inquiries have an increasingly damaging effect.

abhi009

Not multiple inquiries. Only one. Aside from that nothing on the profile that is out of pattern in any way. The credit Karma website does not seem to indicate any activity that may cause the score to come down suddenly. Now I am wondering what is it that I should do. Considering that there is no activity showing that could have brought the score down, it does not make sense to approach a credit bureau. I guess, I do not know what is my recourse other than maybe wait and watch till next month, see what happens.

Sudden 89 point drop!!!!???

Did you ever get a response or figure this one out?  I'm in almost the exact same situation.  I had an 89!!!! point drop from todays update...!  Feb 14th was 625,  adjusted today to 536!!!? I want to puke.

Only positive moviement on my transunion report, one removal and dept paid down on two cards as well.  why would it drop?