Question

JUnrath12

Stupid small fee affecting my credit
I switched energy companies a few months back and then switched again. I didn't notice a $125 fee that comes with early switching. The letters I received from the company appeared as junk mail so I threw them away. I realize that this is my fault. The fee was paid as soon as I realized it was a problem. Is there ANYTHING I can do to get this small fee taken off in order to restore my credit. I dropped at least 100 points in the last 3 months. And its still falling. Everything else on my credit history is above average.

Reality check!

your behavior does affect your score. 

If the rest of your Credit Report is in good contion, then that late fee won't have an effect for long.  There isn't anything you can do about it now. It has been reported. Getting them to take it off your report is nearly impossible because they have no incentive to do so.  Be sure to make your payments on time because a second "Late pay" will hurt you even more.  As that derog ages it will have less impact on your score and it will go back up.  How long depends on what the rest of your history looks like.

Good Luck