Question

brubin90

Stupid Macy's Card
When I first got my Macy's car the guy at Macy's wrote down my address incorrectly so I didn't get the bill until they called my house for being two payments late. As soon as I got the bill I paid it. It was completely their fault, but those two "late" payments are dragging down my credit score. Is there anything I can do?

Most Helpful Response

call and ask about forgiving late payments.
explain to them that the wrong address was used and you didn't get your statements. It's worth a shot. And if it doesn't work, ask how many on time payments you would have to make to get those first two lates off.

If it turns out to be absolutely impossible to get the late payments off, then  you will simply have to make sure all your bills are paid on time from now on until they eventually offset the first two lates.

JBirley15

New payments do not offset the prior late payments. Late payments are on your credit for 7 years no matter how many on-time payments you make after the late ones. However, I agree that you need to call Macy's and fight it. It is their employee's fault that your bill was not sent to the correct address, and you proved you had the intention to pay it when you immediately paid it once you were aware. If the first person can't help, demand a manager, and keep demanding higher until someone takes care of it. You have nothing to lose but time, since if the fighting it fails, you are stuck with it for 7 years, so might was well keep fighting.