Question

visualdegree05

Student Loans vs Credit Cards
I'm carrying a considerable amount of student loans. I want to build my credit - everyone says to have a revolving balance, and I've been doing that, but don't see the growth. Should I apply for another credit card? Do the student loans affect me negatively in regards to my review?

Student loans are one item on your credit that cannot be discharged in bankruptcy, generally, and will not fall off your credit report until 7 years after they are paid in full, no matter how long that takes.  Those are an item that your best option would be to get them paid in full as quicklyas possible.  They just may have a negative impact on your score just because of the factors mentioned.