Question

jessie3306

Student loans transfered from one loan company to another,
My student loans were transferred from one loan company to another, I did have delinquent payments with the previous loan company, but fro the last 2 + yrs my payments have been current through the loan company they are are now through!! Can I dispute or contact the old lender and request they take the closed accounts off my credit, they are currently saying my payments are current, but the delinquent payments still show on my report, and is effecting my credit, I financed a vehicle in January and was told by the dealership those negative payments were hurting my score, and my loans have been current for over 2 years, and are not even through the same loan program!!

If you read the articles about credit presented on this site, you would know that negatives like late payments will show as part of your credit history for 7 years.  Since you WERE late on some payments, they can't be disputed.  You can only dispute wrong information.  And, it's not unusual for different loan agencies to be handling the loans.  Maybe they transfer some so no one loan servicer has too many loans to handle.  My loans were transferred several times.