Question

jonwiz

Student loans reporting late even though they were deferred
I have several student loans through Edfinancial that were deferred in October 2012 due to unemployment. My unemployment event was in May 2012. The loans are being reported as 90 and 120 days late in August and September 2012. I have disputed the late payments and contacted Edfinancial, but they will not remove them. Edfinancial says they were late (which they were) even though my deferment went back to May 2012. Is there anything else I can do?

None of this makes sense.  You say that they shouldn't report as late but that they were late.  You say that they were defferred in October 2012 but your deferrment went back to May 2012.  All of this conflicts and it is impossible to even begin to help when we can't get a striaght story.  All you can do is try to work it out with the creditor.  You should have documentation when you applied for and were granted the deferrment.  If not, start keeping such records from now on.