Question

jlbunch1s

Student loans - paid off but still showing balances (not updated since 2005)
I paid off two of my student loans years ago. They are showing balance amounts on this report. However it shows they have not been updated in reporting since 2005. What do I do about this? Have it removed or how do I get it fixed?

Most Helpful Response

You could dispute it

I would dispute it with the credit bureaus to have it removed or updated to show positively on your credit report. They cannot keep something on your credit report which they cannot prove. I would start by pulling your credit report from all three bureaus if you haven't already and compare them. When disputing items they will ask you for the item account number, amounts, and dates so you need that report in front of you. I listed the two dispute numbers I know for Transunion and Experian. Hope this helps and good luck...

Transunion disputes: 1-800-916-8800

Experian disputes: 1-800-493-1058