Question

CMarie109

Student Loans are the only thing KILLING my credit score, what do I do?
My credit score is SO LOW. 564 which is worse than like everyone on here and the only negative thing on my credit is STUDENT LOANS and DirectTV (long story, I owe less than $800). If I start paying my student loans, will my credit score go up??? Yes, I'm passed due, yes I'm out of school, and haven't paid a payment yet. But seriously? 28k is going to take forever to pay off, and I need to be approved for a car. I was rear-ended (totaled the car) and insurance only paid 4k. How can I get approved for a car when student loans are ruining my credit score?

Most Helpful Response

I call BS

I just graduated 1 year ago and I have not missed a payment so far but yet my 40k debt from student loans is keeping my score at 600 no matter what I do. I feel like Im being punished for getting a degree!

Sorry, but part of the score hurt is that you have not made payments on the loans and such negative comments on your credit report hurts your score.  Also, fix that Direct TV account, because that is hurtinig you, too.  Read the articles on this site so you can learn about credit and how to improve it.  Sure sounds like you need that education.