Question

Hoosier1988

Student Loan Repayment
Hi all. To be as brief as possible, I have $100,000 in student loans. My repayment will be $1000 a month. However, I can only afford $250-300. Consolidation seems to be popular, but I doubt I can do that and reduce my payment to $250-300. Some have encouraged me to start by paying on the smallest loan first, deferring the others. I'm not sure if this is possible long term. Any insight or suggestions are welcomed and sincerely appreciated.

Contact your student loan servicer, explain the financial situation, and ask for their help is working out a payment plan that will meet both you and their needs.