Question

sanchedo

Student loan history removal.
I too defaulted on a student loan. The account was opened 2001 and referred to ED.Gov in 2014. I payed as i was able to, however, I exhausted all deferment options etc. ED.Gov sponsored a Student Loan Rehabilitation plan which aloud me to make 9 monthly payments then they consolidated my loans and removed the credit history from all but one of the lenders. (This was part of the agreement) I have been on time everytime since 2014. Should I dispute the primary lender which last reported in 2014? Would I gain much by have thatt removed, even though the newer current loan shows excellent payment history?

You can only dispute WRONG information and nothing about your situation as reported is wrong.

You could dispute it, but it would be doubtful that it would be removed, but it could be worth a try. However, if the account hasn't updated in a while and you dispute it and it updates rather than gets deleted it will cause damage to your credit. The damage would subside over time, but there may be damage.