Question

millibrown

Student loan grace ended and my score dropped dramatically?
My federal student loans ended their grace period last month and though I'd been making payments for a few months all of the interest they accrued over the 4 years I was in school was reported at once as a sudden increase in debt. This dropped my score by almost 70 points. Is that supposed to happen?

Yes, that's what happens when loans come out of deferment.  Depending on the loan amount, your credit score can drop almost 100 points!

Is there anything you can do about this? I had an excellent credit score and my loans just came out of deferment and my score dropped 80 points.