Question

PLNU18

Student Loan Deferrment
I enrolled in college in September and took out 2 federal loans. I am not supposed to be making payments on them now, but once I graduate in four years I will have to start paying them off. Why does it show them as deferred? It's hurting my credit score and I do not have any line of credit open such as credit cards. please help!

You're not due to pay the loans until 4 years, so they're in deferment. You might be charged interest on these loans, so you should check into that part of it.   They could be accruing a lot of interest.  Why not start paying them down now?