Question

Ace102385

Student Loan Deference Reported as Late
Hello,
I have a handful of state student loans that are serviced by Nelnet. I just checked my credit report and see that there is a 3 month period last year that my loans are showing as unpaid/ late, but my loans have been in forbearance and deferment for roughly two years. What is the best way to dispute how this is reported?

You can't.  Because the payments were not being made when first due, they are going to be reported as late. Forebearance and deferrment are just legal postponements and may "freeze" interest accrual during this time, but the loans are still due and late.