Question

nicscri1218

Student loan closed/transferred
I have several loans that where transferred to other lenders several years ago. It looks like I have 14 loans out but I don't. Can I have the transferred/closed ones removed from my credit report? Why are they still there??

They are there beczause student loans remain collectable until paid in full no matter how long that takes.  There is NO statute of limitations where the loans would just disappear after a period of time.  T he transfers were made because on loan servicer wasn't getting paid so they turned the loans over to another and this cycle will continue (and be reported) until the loans are paid.

If you have difficulty getting them paid, contact the loan servicer about alternative payment methods so that you can pay with less stress.  But pay you must.

jwsister is speaking of federal loans, not private student loans. As said, if they are federal loans they are not going to go away. If they are not federal loans, but private loans instead, then they will remain on your reports for seven years from the time that they became delinquent.