Question

JMV290

Student Loan Balances Fluctuating
This has been going on for a while and it only seems to really be an issue on CreditKarma. My student loans are separated by term, so I have 5 or 6 loans from the same servicer, so they show up all with the same name.

CreditKarma seems to be having a hard time with the balances and literally every weekly update has crap like this: https://i.imgur.com/I1Vf6mi.png

My loan balances will fluctuate a few hundred up to 4 or 5 thousand each week, presumably because CK is confused as to which account has which balance. The tools provided by each of my creditcard companies, as well as competing score trackers don't have this issue. It's really annoying to see every week but I don't think I can do anything other than alert CK to the issue.

Does anyone else have a similar issue?

Don't sweat it here.

Credit Karma is not a credit bureau, but is an educational site, and only you see the information that is reported here.  If you have been reading the articles and utilizing some of the financial tools provided here, you can practice what needs to be done to improve your credit score without ACTUALLY doing so and possibly making mistakes. This site is here for you to learn about credit and how to build a good score, that is all.

Just be sure to annually check all three regular credit reports to make sure the information on them is correct and don't get upset about what is showing up here.