Question

Wahlly81

Student and have never had a credit card. Score 629. Need a card with 0% APR for $3500 engmnt ring
I am in physical therapy school and will be making around 70k a year by next July. I only need $3500 for the ring and I believe I could pay it off with my student loans within a year. My score is 629 due to the fact I've never had a credit card. My only credit factor is the 5 loans I've taken during my DPT school. Thanks!

With a low credit score and probably a low income if you are attending school, you will probably have trouble getting a card with a decent credit line. It would also be difficult to find a card with 0% in your situation. Remember, most lenders use FICO scores too, so check them to see where you are. Lenders don't care what you will be making in the future, they care about what you are making now and they want a good length of employment history. I understand that rings are expensive and I also understand what it is like to be in love, but trust me, a much cheaper ring will do, if a girl loves you, the price of the ring doesn't matter, if the price of the ring does matter to her, then she is not the right girl for you. The best place for you to find financing in your situation would be at a jewelry store.

You really do not need a $3500 engagement ring. If she really loves you, she won't care about the ring.  You could give her a cubic zirconia ring now and buy the big diamoind later when your financial situation improves.