Question

zacriemaster

Stuck with what to do with my credit report
Hi everyone,

long time follower, first time poster! I've followed a lot of advice here to rebuild my credit and it has helped so much. I started with my credit score at a lousy 547 and now I'm at 604 (eqifax) 677 (transunion) and 645 (experian)

The main reason my credit isnt up to par is my student loans that i defaulted on. I have since been through the rehabilitation program and now have positive lines reporting but unfortunately the older lines from Nelnet are still reporting. There are 8 separate lines reporting negative information. The first 4 are just reporting the lates and are reported as closed. the other four are reporting the lates and saying they are in collections and still open.

I just want to know would disputing this do any good? Does anyone have any experience dealing with the rehab program and still having negative information? the student loans are from 2009, and they have seemed to not have updated them since 2011.

Student loans are a big pain on credit reports but you can't dispute them because they are a legitimate debt and they remain collectable until paid.  Do continue the rehabilitation program because that will eventually get you positives on your credit.  I am disabled and had to go through a period of time until the loans were discharged (can't work at all) and they still had a negative effect for a few more years.  Just hang in and keep doing positive things for myour credit.  They will be noticed for your benefit.