Question

southerngladiator

Stuck at 660 FICO -- how to boost it?
After getting laid off several years ago, I let a couple of debts go into collections and missed a handful of student loan payments, and I'm still trying to bounce back. I paid 2 of 3 charged-off debts. I opened a credit card 2 years ago that now has a $1,300 limit, and I pay it off every month or carry a small balance (under $50). I haven't missed any credit card, student loans, or other payments in 3 years. My FICO score, however, has been stuck at 660 for months and months.

After the initial hit of a few points due to the hard pull on my credit, would getting another credit card (used sparingly and paid off every month) help bump up my FICO score? I'm trying to break into the 700s.

Any advice for me?