Question

sarahamber

Struggling to improve my score do to past deliquencies
Can I get information removed from my credit report, how do i go about having all three reporting agencies report same information?

How old are the bad marks? Depending on what they are, most fall off your reports 7 years from the time you missed a payment that lead to delinquency. If you are close to the 7 year mark you could always request that the bureaus do an "Early Exclusion" or in other words "Early Deletion" of the derogatory information. If you are not near the 7 year mark, you may want to search for incorrect information listed on the accounts, sometimes that may be enough to get it deleted or at least maybe make an improvement to the bad marks. I don't know how you can get all 3 bureaus to contain the same information, they are different companies. I have tried to request changes to one bureau due to the information on another bureau to no avail, it seems one bureau does not really care what is on another bureau. I do suggest that you try though, you never know, if you get the right rep on your request things in your favor may happen.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

In the meantime, work to build your credit. Are you able to get a secured credit card? Do you have balances that you can pay down on any existing loans/ cards. Make sure to never be late with a payment again. What you are doing today is just as important as the removal of the bad stuff on your reports. If you want to give any additional information on your situation, it would be helpful for this board to suggest more advice. (Just don't give any personal or identifying info)