Question

Elfinmagical

Strange new second mortgage debt appearing 11 years after house was foreclosed upon...?
I filed bk 10+ years ago, and just as I did so, my second mortgage company sold my account. I didn't realize this until a few months later. When I did, I also realized that I'd listed the 2nd mortgage company in my filling, not the NEW 2nd mortgage company - AND I've been stuck with this mortgage on my credit. I tried to dispute it, but then my mother was assaulted and subsequently passed away 2 months later, and so I couldn't focus on fighting this...of course, the credit bureaus didn't change my report. Cut to now, and after 10 years I would have thought that charge off would be off or nearly so - but I was surprised to see a BRAND NEW 2nd mortgage company now listed! Clearly, I didn't apply for a second mortgage on a house that was foreclosed upon 11 years ago...this seems like blatant fraud to me and I envision it would be easy to dispute this...but I don't want to try if it'll be as problematic as when I'd started trying the first time. Any thoughts or pointers?

If the attorney that you used for the bankruptcy is still in practice I would contact them to see if they can be of any assistance to you. If not, I would consult with a consumer law attorney, I highly recommend the law firm of Kimmel & Silverman if they practice in your state.